“Our experience of working with Inoni during the design and implementation phases of the system and the Business Continuity Plan was extremely beneficial, positive and straightforward. Having an external team of very experienced and competent consultants assessing the company and its ongoing business continuity requirements, especially in regards to the Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessments, meant that these reports were very valuable exercises, and not just a tick-in-the-box.”
Client Head of Compliance
Our client is a specialist manufacturing company with an expertise in high precision engineering. Operating globally, they work in partnership with many of the most prestigious aerospace manufacturers to produce high quality machined components and assemblies. Inoni developed for them a Business Continuity Management System which they used to achieve ISO 22301 accreditation.
- To use Business Continuity Management as a strong value-add, placing them ahead of their direct competitors.
- To use Business Continuity Planning to help defend the company against major disruption, protecting their external and internal interested parties including employees, customers, suppliers, and the surrounding community.
- To fully comply with standards such as ISO 22301 and to improve the reputation of the business.
Fast and painless delivery of the project
As a medium-sized business they did not possess the required expertise in Business Continuity to set up such a programme internally. Trying to successfully gauge which approach to take to obtain best value, as well as satisfy any regulatory requirements, was challenging.
We liaised frequently with the client’s compliance team to understand their pre-existing BCP and collect related information. We spoke to representatives from each department to understand and map their dependencies, then ran a handful of workshops with key members of the management team to validate, develop and share our insights. Our consultants then populated the online system, generating draft documentation for evaluation and adoption by the client. This concentrated first phase was completed in eight weeks.
We built a client-dedicated standards-aligned Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
It included the following automated documents:
- Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment – providing a detailed analysis of the business from a continuity perspective. It identifies critical business services, specifies recovery deadlines in a major incident, and defines the continuity scenarios the business faces and must plan for.
- Business Continuity Plan – providing a step-by-step decision guide, role-task allocation and information to enable recovery from continuity-threatening incidents.
- Scenario runbooks – provides detailed but easy-to-read responses to each identified scenario.
- Role cards – anyone with a designated BCP responsibility received one of these, detailing their specific role tasks and requirements when responding to a continuity incident.
- Framework – demonstrating alignment with ISO 22301 and defining the components of the business continuity programme. Supports the management of ongoign BCM activities and risk improvements.
Our software accelerated delivery, supporting ongoing maintenance and effective document management
Our consultants developed end-to-end ISO 22301-aligned documentation using the Inoni SaaS system, providing the client with access at the end of the project. The client has found maintaining their plans quick and easy:
“The flexibility of the Inoni software has meant that it is very simple to keep the relevant details of the Business Continuity Plan up to date. The follow-up support from the Inoni team has also been second to none. Availability via phone and email is always there to provide support.“
“The Inoni solution (consultancy, software, support) has meant that we have been able to put in place a highly efficient Business Continuity Management System in very good time, satisfying all our stakeholders."